Now you will know how to install webmin with ubuntu 16.04
Webmin is a free control Panel for managing VPS. Webmin is a web based interface which is used to manage VPS web hosting server. With the help of webmin you can setup user account, apache, dns and file sharing and other actions. Webmin very suitable for beginners who do not know much about the unix or linux command line.
If you know how to use the shell, and most importantly, you host your site on your own VPS. The installation is quite simple and assumes you are running in the root account, if not you may need to add ‘sudo’ to the commands to get root privileges.
Below are some steps by which you can install Webmin GUI with Ubuntu server 16.04
As Ubuntu server doesn’t include any form of GUI tool to use for administrative purposes. You can easily install Webmin to make the server admin task far easier.
First you need add Webmin official repository and make sure that all packages are up to date
- Log in to your Ubuntu server.
- Issue the command sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/webmin.list.
- Add the following two lines to the file:
deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contribdeb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib
- Hit [CTRL] + [x] and save the file.
Fetch and install the GPG key:
- Download the Webmin key with the command sudo wget http://www.webmin.com/jcameron-key.asc.
- Add the downloaded key with the command sudo apt-key add jcameron-key.asc.
Install Webmin with the following command:
- Update apt with the command sudo apt-get update.
- Install Webmin with the command sudo apt-get install webmin.
Now, allow the Webmin default port via a firewall:
sudo ufw allow 10000
Once the installation completes, you can log in to your Ubuntu server’s Webmin panel by pointing a browser to https://IP_OF_UBUNTU_SERVER:10000 (IP_OF_UBUNTU_SERVER is the actual IP address of the server).
Congratulation’s! You have successfully installed Webmin
You’re ready to start configuring the Ubuntu server for your data center.